Monday, November 11, 2013

Review of 'Second Dawn': 4.5 Stars

"The story is original, suspenseful and the creepy-factor ratchets up with each chapter. The twists at the end literally had my mouth open in shock"

Review from Amazon.com - 11/10/2013:

'I just finished this book and I'm not sure where to start.

I think the opening pages are representative of the entire story: starts off with a tranquil domestic scene that lulls the reader with its familiarity...only to have it destroyed on the next page.


The story is fresh and unexpected, so I could never anticipate what would happen next. It helped (especially early) that Batz carefully parsed out details as necessary, which made me uneasy and uncertain right alongside Dillon.

That said, if anyone could handle the situations in this book, it's Dillon Shaw. I grew to really appreciate Dillon as a real, nuanced character. We see her evolve in this book from a young, average girl who loses everything, to a woman full of anger and nothing to lose...'


See Full Amazon Review

No comments:

Post a Comment